You are here
Gain proprietary, early insight into Bakken pipeline flows & rail movements across the U.S. & Canada
Identify transportation arbitrage opportunities to make better-informed trading decisions
As Bakken production has grown significantly, so have the transportation takeaway options in the region. Genscape’s Daily Bakken Update provides unique insight into near-real time crude oil pipeline flows, daily rail loadings, and daily North Dakota pricing differentials at Beaver Lodge and Bakken railhead. This North Dakota transportation data is indicative of arbitrage opportunities present in the Bakken shale and downstream markets, revealing profit potential related to supply-demand imbalance, disruptions, and transportation costs.
Genscape leverages proprietary technology to monitor 88 percent of rail capacity and 86 percent of pipeline capacity in the Bakken region, including the 320,000 bpd Pony Express pipeline, which supplies the Cushing, OK, market, and the 520,000 bpd Dakota Access pipeline, which supplies the Patoka, IL, storage terminal en-route to the Gulf Coast.
Additionally, Genscape provides data on Canadian rail loadings, U.S. rail delivery volumes, and exclusive infrastructure developments as they occur. These development updates contain rail terminal and pipeline construction projects, including coverage of the 520,000 bpd Dakota Access pipeline.
The service also includes granular data derived from daily monitoring of more than 1.5mn bpd of rail delivery terminal capacity, including destinations on the U.S. East, West, and Gulf Coasts, along with USD’s newly acquired 65,000 bpd terminal in Stroud, OK, which subsequently supplies Cushing.
You are here
Features of the Daily Bakken Update Report:
- Timely pipeline flow data every 30 minutes, including alerts on operational disruptions covering 86 percent of Bakken-related pipeline capacity
- Daily North Dakota crude rail loading volumes, which cover 88 percent of rail loading capacity in the Williston Basin
- Daily Canadian rail loading volumes
- Daily U.S. rail delivery volumes
- Daily Bakken railhead and Beaver Lodge pricing differentials to WTI and Brent
- Infrastructure development monitoring, including ground-level reconnaissance and legal update
- Historical regulatory data on monitored and unmonitored pipelines
- PetroRail Weekly PDF
You are here
Benefits of the Daily Bakken Update Report:
- Identify Bakken rail and pipeline takeaway trends and capacity constraints
- Understand supply-demand fundamentals across U.S. and Canadian rail terminals
- Uncover real-time disruptions, transportation constraints, and arbitrage trading opportunities
- Get insight into differentials indicative of deliveries to North American refining markets
- Learn about infrastructure development progress and investment for operational planning
- Feed internal models with Genscape and regulatory data for more thorough market analysis